Terms & conditions - 26/05/18
These 'Terms of Sale' together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which goods are sold by us to consumers through this website www.therochfordproject.com. Please read these terms & conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them before ordering any goods from our site. You will be required to read and accept these terms & conditions when ordering goods. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these terms & conditions you will not be able to order goods through our site. These terms & conditions as well as any and all contracts are in the English language only.
Monday - Friday
9am - 4pm
Saturday - Sunday
(Holiday closures may be announced on social media and/or on the home page)
We use Royal Mail for all of our day-to-day collections & deliveries, we may use a different carrier company should it be required when Royal Mail is not available or if the shipping requires it i.e. special delivery, guaranteed date required.
We currently have 2 shipping options for delivery which are:
Royal Mail 48hr (Tracked) 2-3 business days from posting/collection (Monday to Friday)
Royal Mail 24hr (Tracked) 1-2 business days from posting/collection (Monday to Friday)
Shipping times start from when the parcel has been collected and in with Royal Mail.
There are no collections on Saturday or Sunday although there may be deliveries on these days.
Please be advised that this is only an approximate timescale given for parcels collected/posted using Royal Mail, parcels can take longer if there are any delays/strikes which unfortunately is out of our control but this is rare. If your order has not arrived to to you within 10 days from order please contact us to advise.
All parcels are collected by Royal Mail at 4.30pm every week day so the cut-off for placing any orders on the store to be collected the same day is 3pm. If your order is placed on a Friday after 3pm it will be collected on the following Monday at 4.30pm.
Royal Mail price increase
From the 4th of April 2022 Royal Mail have increased their prices which has added an extra cost to us to us for each parcel sent, all parcels sent prior to the 4th of April 2022 were sent out via Royal Mail First Class (Untracked) but we have now decided to start using their tracked service as this gives all of our customers the option to track where their parcels are in transit. All orders that have free shipping are automatically sent out via 24hr (Tracked) shipping.
All parcels over £30 will automatically be sent out via 24hr (Tracked) unless anything changes to our policy.
We currently only charge for part of the postage (£2.99 - £3.99) to help keep costs down for both the customer and ourselves although the actual cost is a lot higher.
Currently we only accept payments through the website via PayPal or direct bank transfer (Offsite). Other options will be made available in the near future, please contact us first if wish to place an order via bank transfer.
Unfortunately at present we cannot ship to International destinations (Outside of mainland UK) due to duty fees & restricted goods that are in place with most oversea countries import and duty regulations and so can only ship to mainland UK destinations at present. If this changes you will see an update on the online store and social media.
1. Definitions & interpretations
In these terms & conditions unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings.
Means a contract for the purchase and sale of goods, as explained in (Clause 8).
Means the goods sold by us through our site.
Means the goodwill guarantee offered by us which exists to enhance the legal rights of our customers in the United Kingdom to change their mind and return goods to us.
Means your order for goods.
Means our acceptance and confirmation of your order.
Means the reference number for your order.
Means 'The Rochford Project Limited'.
2. Information about us
Our site 'The Rochford Project Limited' is a limited company registered in England under No: 10182658.
Our name 'The Rochford Project' is a registered trademark in England under No. 3244749.
3. Access & use of our site
1. Access to our site is free of charge but you must be aged 18 years old or over to purchase any of our goods, there is an age restriction process in place and by clicking YES which indicates that you are 18 years old or over.
2. It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access our site.
3. Access to our site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue our site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if our site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
4. Use of our site is subject to our website terms and conditions. Please ensure that you have read them carefully and that you understand them.
4. Age restrictions
1. Consumers may only purchase goods through our site if they are at least 18 years of age.
2. We are not permitted by law to supply these goods to anyone below the age of 18 years old.
5. Business customers
These terms and conditions do not apply to customers purchasing goods in the course of business. If you are a business customer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. International customers
Please note that we only sell to customers in the United Kingdom at present due to cross border sales. We do not accept orders from, or deliver to (apart from reviewers) customers outside the United Kingdom unless otherwise stated.
7. Goods, pricing & availability
1. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all descriptions and graphical representations of goods available from us correspond to the actual goods. Please note, however, the following.
Images of goods are for illustrative purposes only, there may be slight variations in colour between the image of a product and the actual product sold due to differences in computer displays and lighting conditions.
Images and/or descriptions of packaging are for illustrative purposes only, the actual packaging of goods may vary.
Due to the nature of the goods sold through our site, there may be up to a slight variance in the capacity of those goods between the actual goods and the description.
2. Please note that sub-clause 7.1 does not exclude our responsibility for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to minor variations of the correct goods, not to different goods altogether. Please refer to (Clause 11) if you receive incorrect goods (i.e. goods that are not as described).
3. Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required size of the goods that you are purchasing.
4. We cannot guarantee that goods will always be available. If flavours are not available on the drop down menu this means this item is not currently available.
5. Minor changes may, from time to time, be made to certain goods between your order being placed and us processing that order and dispatching the goods, for example, to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or to address particular technical or security issues. Any such changes will not change any main characteristics of the goods and will not normally affect your use of those goods. However, if any change is made that would affect your use of the goods, suitable information will be provided to you.
6. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all prices shown on our site are correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and to add, alter, or remove special offers from time-to-time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated every calendar month where applicable. Changes in price will not affect any order that you have already placed (please note sub-Clause 7.9 regarding VAT).
7. All prices are checked by us before we accept your order. In the unlikely event that we have shown incorrect pricing information, we will contact you via email to inform you of the mistake. If the correct price is lower than that shown when you made your order we will simply charge you the lower amount and continue processing your order. If the correct price is higher, we will give you the option to purchase the goods at the correct price or to cancel your order (or the affected part of it). We will not proceed with processing your order in this case until you respond. If We do not receive a response from you within 1 week from notice of this via email correspondence we will treat your order as cancelled and notify you of this and issue a full refund.
8. In the event that the price of goods you have ordered changes between your order being placed and us processing that order and taking payment, you will be charged the price shown on our site at the time of placing your order.
9. All prices on our site includes VAT. If the VAT rate changes between your order being placed and us taking payment, the amount of VAT payable will be automatically adjusted when taking payment. The Rochford Project is not VAT registered and all prices on the site do not have any VAT to pay so no additional costs are added on.
10. Delivery charges may be included in the price of goods displayed on our site. Delivery options and related charges will be presented to you as part of the order process.
11. All items are generally posted out the same day (If ordered before 3pm) or the following morning First or Second class small parcel (Royal Mail) but if your order is placed on a Friday your order may not be processed until the next working day (Monday) All items will be posted within 1-4 days from order although 99% of all orders are posted the same day (if order was placed in the morning) or the following business day.
12. All flavours are created without using known flavourings that contain (or may contain) Diacetyl, Diketones, Acetoin and/or Acetyl Propionyl unless stated.
8. Orders & how contracts are formed
Our site will guide you through the ordering process. Before submitting your order you will be given the opportunity to review your order and amend it/add shipping note. Please ensure that you have checked your order carefully before submitting it.
If, during the order process, you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information, please contact us as soon as possible. If We are unable to process your order due to incorrect or incomplete information, we will contact you to ask to correct it. If you do not give us the accurate or complete information within a reasonable time of our request we will cancel your order and treat the contract as being at an end. If We incur any costs as a result of your incorrect or incomplete information we may pass those costs on to you.
3. No part of our site constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that we may, at our sole discretion, accept. Our acknowledgement of receipt of your order does not mean that we have accepted it. Our acceptance is indicated by us sending you an order confirmation by email. Only once we have sent you an order confirmation will there be a legally binding contract between us and you.
4. Order Confirmations shall contain the following information:
Your order number.
Confirmation of the goods ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those goods.
Fully itemised pricing for the goods ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges.
Estimated delivery date(s).
5. We will also include a paper copy (Invoice) of the order confirmation with your goods.
6. In the unlikely event that we do not accept or cannot fulfil your order for any reason, we will explain why via email or in writing. No payment will be taken under normal circumstances. If We have taken payment any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days.
7. Any refunds due under this (Clause 8) will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the goods unless you specifically request that we make a refund using a different method but this is under the discretion of The Rochford Project Limited.
1. Payment for Goods and related delivery charges must always be made in advance and you will be prompted to pay during the order process. Our chosen payment method is PayPal (at present) and is automatically charged straight away, we also accept direct bank transfers (BACS) payments.
2. We only accept the following methods of payment on our site at present.
PayPal & direct bank transfer (BACS).
10. Delivery, risk & ownership
1. All goods purchased through our site will normally be delivered within 7 calendar days after the date of our order confirmation unless otherwise agreed or specified during the order process (subject to delays caused by events outside of our control, for which see Clause 14).
2. If We are unable to deliver the goods on the delivery date, the following will apply.
If no one is available at your delivery address to receive the goods and the goods cannot be posted through your letterbox (or left in a safe place nominated by you) The Royal Mail should leave a delivery note explaining how to rearrange delivery or where to collect the goods.
If you do not collect the goods or rearrange delivery within 1 month, we will contact you to ask you how you wish to proceed. If we cannot contact you or arrange redelivery or collection we will treat the contract as cancelled and recover the goods. If this happens you will be refunded the purchase price of the goods themselves, but not the cost of delivery. We may also bill you for any reasonable additional costs that we incur in recovering the goods.
In the unlikely event that we fail to deliver the goods within 14 calendar days of our order confirmation (or as otherwise agreed or specified as under sub-clause 10.1)if any of the following apply you may treat the contract as being at an end immediately.
1. We have refused to deliver your goods.
2. In light of all relevant circumstances, delivery within that time period was essential.
3. You told Us when ordering the goods that delivery within that time period was essential.
4. If you do not wish to cancel under sub-clause 10.3 or if none of the specified circumstances apply, you may specify a new (reasonable) delivery date. If we fail to meet the new deadline, you may then treat the contract as being at an end.
5. You may cancel all or part of your order under sub-clauses 10.3 or 10.4 provided that separating the goods in your order would not significantly reduce their value. Any sums that you have already paid for cancelled goods and their delivery will be refunded to you within 30 days. Please note that if any cancelled goods are delivered to you, you must return them to us or arrange with us for their collection. In either case you will bear the cost of returning the cancelled goods.
6. Delivery shall be deemed complete and the responsibility for the goods will pass to you once we have delivered the goods to the address (including, where relevant, any alternative address) you have provided.
7. Ownership of the goods passes to you once we have received payment in full of all sums due (including any applicable delivery charges).
8. Any refunds due under this (Clause 10) will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the goods (unless you specifically request that we make a refund using a different method).
9. The Rochford Project is not responsible for any loss or damage once this has been handed to the carrier (Royal Mail or DPD) but will work with you to resolve any loss or damage should this occur.
11. Faulty, damaged or incorrect goods
1. By law, we must provide goods that are of satisfactory quality, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information we have provided, If any goods you have purchased do not comply and, for example, have faults or are damaged when you receive them, or if you receive incorrect (or incorrectly priced) goods, please contact us at email@example.com as soon as reasonably possible to inform us of the fault, damage or error, and to arrange for a refund (Minus shipping costs) or replacement. Your available remedies will be as follows.
Beginning on the day that you receive the goods (and ownership of them) you have a 7 calendar day right to reject the goods and to receive a full refund or replacement if they do not conform as stated above. Please note that any shipping cost to us would not be included in the refund.
If, after a replacement, the goods still do not conform (or if we cannot do so as previously described, or have failed to act within a reasonable time or without significant inconvenience to you) you may have the right either to keep the goods at a reduced price, or to reject them in exchange for a refund minus shipping costs.
2. Please note that you will not be eligible to claim under this (Clause 11) if we informed you of the fault(s), damage or other problems with the goods before you purchased them (and it is because of the same issue that you now wish to return them) if you have purchased the goods for an unsuitable purpose that is neither obvious nor made known to us and the problem has resulted from your use of the goods for that purpose, or if the problem is the result of third party products (Nicotine, Vegetable Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, flavour concentrates or any other external product) misuse or intentional or careless damage. Please also note that you may not return goods to us under this (Clause 11) merely because you have changed your mind. If you are a consumer in the European Union you have a legal right to a 14 calendar day cooling-off period within which you can return goods for this reason. Please refer to (Clause 12) for more details.
3. Refunds (whether full or partial, including reductions in price) under this clause 11 will be issued within 14 calendar days of the day on which we agree that you are entitled to the refund.
4. Any and all refunds issued under this clause 11 will not include any delivery costs paid by you when the goods were originally purchased if the item has left our premises. It is the buyers responsibility when returning any goods to cover the shipping costs and these costs are non refundable. Please ensure that prior to any returns you have had the return agreed upon prior to sending to us as we are not responsible for any goods sent to us lost in transit and/or returned goods that have not been authorised to send to us prior to return.
5. Refunds under this (Clause 11) will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the goods.
6. For further information on your rights as a consumer please contact your local 'Citizens Advice Bureau' or 'Trading Standards Office'.
7. All flavours are subjective and NO refunds will be accepted if you do not like the flavour you have purchased unless there is a defect with the product. Please notify us immediately if you have a problem with any product via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Canceling and returning goods if you change your mind
1. If you are a consumer in the European Union, you have a legal right to a “cooling-off” period within which you can cancel the contract for any reason. This period begins once your order is complete and we have sent you your order confirmation, i.e. when the contract between you and us is formed. You may also cancel for any reason before we send out the order. Once your order has been processed your order cannot be cancelled until you have accepted delivery and the goods are sent back to us in the condition that it was sent to you in. You will be responsible for all costs involved in sending the goods back to us and must be sent back via tracked delivery else your returned goods may not be accepted. Any loss that may occur when sending returned goods back to us is your responsibility, The Rochford Project is not liable for any loss or damage when goods are being returned by the customer.
2. If you wish to exercise your right to cancel under this (clause 12) you must inform us of your decision within the cooling-off period via email email@example.com. Cancellation by email or by post is effective from the date on which you send us your message. Please note that the cooling-off period lasts for whole calendar days. If, for example, you send us an email or letter by 23:59:59 on the final day of the cooling-off period, your cancellation will be valid and accepted, in each case, providing us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, and order number.
3. We may ask you why you have chosen to cancel and may use any answers you provide to improve our goods and services, however please note that you are under no obligation to provide any details if you do not wish to.
4. Please note that you may lose your legal right to cancel under this (clause 12) in the following circumstances.
If the goods are sealed for health or hygiene reasons and you have unsealed those goods after receiving them.
If the goods have been personalised or custom-made for you, I.e. special flavour mix.
5. Please ensure that you return goods to us no more than 14 calendar days after the day on which you have informed us that you wish to cancel under this (Clause 12).
6. You may return goods to us by post or another suitable delivery service of your choice to our returns address at.
The Rochford Project
8 Percy Cottis Road
7. Please note that the buyer/client/customer must bear the cost of returning goods to us if cancelling under this (Clause 12) The cost of returning goods to us should not normally exceed the cost of having them originally delivered to you if you use the same carrier. The Rochford Project is NOT responsible for any loss or damage prior to us receiving your return, you are responsible for ensuring the item(s) are packaged correctly and have full tracking to insure that the goods are delivered.
8. Any faulty products purchased via third party (online store/brick and mortar shop/stall) you must return your faulty item to them with receipt of purchase, if they have a returns policy you should be entitled to a full refund or replacement (This is down to the stores own policy) The Rochford Project is not liable for any refunds/replacements that are purchased from third parties, all/any refunds/replacements are the responsibility of the store where purchased.
9. Refunds under this Clause 12 will be issued to you within 14 calendar days of the following.
The day on which we receive the goods back.
The day on which you inform us (supplying evidence) that you have sent the goods back (if this is earlier than the day under sub-Clause 12.9)
If we have not yet provided an order confirmation or have not yet dispatched the goods, the day on which you inform us that you wish to cancel the contract.
10. Refunds under (Clause 12) may be subject to deductions in the following circumstances.
Refunds may be reduced for any diminished value in the goods resulting from your excessive handling of them (e.g. no more than would be permitted in a shop). Please note that if we issue a refund before we have received the goods and have had a chance to inspect them, we may subsequently charge you an appropriate sum if We find that the goods have been handled excessively.
Standard delivery charges will be reimbursed in full as part of your refund. Please note, however, that we cannot reimburse for premium delivery (example, courier service). We will only reimburse the equivalent standard delivery costs when issuing refunds under this (Clause 12) If a refund is issued to you under this (Clause 12) you will receive a full refund of any delivery charges (including, where relevant, premium delivery). We are required by law to reimburse standard delivery charges (or the equivalent) only.
9. Refunds under this (Clause 12) will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
13. Our liability to consumers
1. We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these terms & conditions (or the contract) or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and us when the contract is created. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
2. We only supply goods for domestic and private use by consumers. We make no warranty or representation that the goods are fit for commercial, business or industrial use of any kind (including resale). We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, interruption to business, or for any loss of business opportunity.
3. Nothing in these terms & conditions seeks to limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
4. Nothing in these terms & conditions seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local 'Citizens Advice Bureau' or 'Trading Standards Office'.
14. Events outside of our control (Force majeure)
1. We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where that failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control such as postal/delivery strikes, If any event described under this (Clause 14) occurs that is likely to adversely affect our performance of any of our obligations under these terms & conditions.
We will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible.
We will take all reasonable steps to minimise the delay.
To the extent that we cannot minimise the delay, our affected obligations under these terms & conditions (and therefore the contract) will be suspended and any time limits that we are bound by will be extended accordingly.
We will inform you when the event outside of our control is over and provide details of any new dates, times or availability of goods as necessary.
If the event outside of our control continues for more than 14 calendar days We will cancel the contract and inform you of the cancellation. Any refunds due to you as a result of that cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 1 month of the date on which the contract is cancelled.
If an event outside of our control occurs (and continues for more than 14 calendar days) and you wish to cancel the contract as a result, you may do so in any way you wish, if you would prefer to contact us directly to cancel, please use the following details.
The Rochford Project
8 Percy Cottis Road
In each case, providing us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, and order number. Any refunds due to you as a result of such cancellation will be paid to you as soon as is reasonably possible and in any event within 1 month of the date on which the contract is cancelled.
15. Communication & contact details
1. If you wish to contact us with general questions or complaints, you may contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For matters relating the goods or your order, please contact us by email email@example.com
3. For matters relating to cancellations, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Complaints & feedback
1. We always welcome feedback from our customers and, whilst we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of ours is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint.
2. All complaints are handled in accordance with our complaints handling policy and procedure respectively.
3. If you wish to complain about any aspect of your dealings with us, please contact us in one of the following ways.
In writing, addressed to.
The Rochford Project
8 Percy Cottis Road
By email, addressed to.
17. How we use your personal information (Data protection)
1. All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and your rights under the GDPR.
18. Other important terms
1. We may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these terms & conditions (and under the contract, as applicable) to a third party (this may happen, for example, if we sell our business). If this occurs, you will be informed by us via email or in writing. Your rights under these terms & conditions will not be affected and our obligations under these terms & conditions will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
2. You may not transfer (assign) your obligations and rights under these terms & conditions (and under the contract, as applicable) without our express written permission.
3. The contract is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of these terms & conditions. This is subject to sub-clause 18.2 and any purchaser to whom the guarantee has been transferred under that sub-clause will be entitled to enforce the guarantee.
4. If any of the provisions of these terms & conditions are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that/those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these terms & conditions. The remainder of these terms & conditions shall be valid and enforceable.
5. No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these terms & conditions means that we have waived that right, and no waiver by us of a breach of any provision of these terms & conditions means that we will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
6. We may revise these terms & conditions from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements. If We change these terms & conditions as they relate to your order, We will give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and provide details of how to cancel if you are not happy with them. If you do opt to cancel, you must return any affected goods you have already received and we will arrange for a full refund (including delivery charges) which will be paid within 1 month of your cancellation.
19. Law & jurisdiction
1. These terms & conditions, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of (England & Wales) (Northern Ireland) (Scotland).
2. If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in Sub-clause 19.1 above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
3. If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these terms & conditions, or the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
4. If you are a business, any disputes concerning these terms & conditions, the relationship between you and us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the (non) exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of (England & Wales) (Northern Ireland) (Scotland).